Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Have Genital Herpes - The Emotional and Physical Effects of HSV2

I Have Genital Herpes - The Emotional and Physical Effects of HSV2
By Jeff Paterson




I have genital herpes. I was diagnosed around five years ago, and to this day I still remember what an emotional trip that was. I hope anyone who has found out they have genital herpes reads this, and it makes them feel better, or clears up any wrong ideas they may have about the disease.



Genital herpes is a virus. And being a virus, once it is contracted, it lies dormant in the body for the sufferer's lifetime, and there is no cure. Upon hearing this, I experienced a variety of emotions. First was despair and anger, all I wanted to do was call up the girl who I had caught it off and give her an earful. Soon after, I experienced a great amount of anxiety and depression. I was thinking, 'My life will never be the same,' and 'My sex life is over.' Luckily, as I soon found out, these fears were unfounded.



While it's true I have genital herpes, and nothing is going to change that, what I came to learn was that genital herpes can be easily and effectively controlled through treatment, diet and lifestyle. As soon as I got my herpes under control I could prevent outbreaks, and if I did have one, I could anticipate it and lessen it's length and severity.



The first thing to consider is treatment. Most people with the virus are prescribed antiviral medication, which can be effective in reducing the severity of symptoms and the risk of transmission. In addition to this, there are many natural and homeopathic treatments that can help prevent outbreaks from occurring and boost the immune system.



The second element is diet. Eating healthy and getting exercise is good advice for anyone, but for herpes sufferers this is doubly important. Herpes can be triggered by fatty or sugary foots, or foods high in Arginine, such as chocolate, nuts and game meats, so all these should be avoided as much as possible. A lysine supplement taken daily, along with multivitamins and vitamin B can also help avoid outbreaks.



The third element is lifestyle. Stress is a major trigger for genital herpes outbreaks, and so should be eliminated from your life as much as is humanly possible. This may mean taking a step back and examining your work, relationships and social elements, and making any necessary adjustments. Exercise is very important, not only because it keeps you healthy and the immune system pumping, but also because it reduces stress. Avoiding smoking and excessive alcohol is also an important step to take.



So in short, I have genital herpes, but my life is far from over. With the right mindset and the right information, anyone can control genital herpes, and stop letting it control them.




Eliminate Genital herpes naturally with no side effects using proven homeopathic medicines.



Forget expensive perscriptions and sickly side effects. Start living your life again and leave genital herpes behind forever.



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeff_Paterson
http://EzineArticles.com/?I-Have-Genital-Herpes---The-Emotional-and-Physical-Effects-of-HSV2&id=1350661

No comments: